How to Make Money with a Website Without Selling Anything
To wake up in the morning, check the phone, and look at the commission like this:
That's the dream to have a passive income like this, right?
Make money while you sleep.
This is how most people who make money online, affiliate marketing is how they get started and fire their own bosses.
We’re living in a digital era, where rapid technological change is the status quo, and it’s easier to learn how to make money online more than ever before.
Starting a blog is not a new advice. Running a website and make money online is extremely common. Most importantly, it is still working!
The beauty of running a website is you don't trade time for money.
Thanks to web hosting sites like WordPress and Blogger that makes owning a website pretty straightforward. You don't have to know coding to build you website anymore. With just a few mouse clicks, you will be able to set up a website within 10 minutes.
A website is the first essential of any profitable passive income business done online. With a website, you can build your own brand and run your online business.
Generating passive income online is NOT impossible. The next best thing I have found is you can make money without selling anything at all!
Promote Products as an Affiliate
Affiliate marketing is a business model that allows ordinary people like you and me to earn commissions by promoting other companies products and services.
It is us playing the middle man – connecting merchant with customers.
Affiliate marketing is a method of earning money by recommending and promoting somebody else’s products or service.
For every sale that is made directly from your promotions, you will receive a commission payment.
The process of affiliate marketing is pretty simple and straightforward:
- 1Potential reader lands on your website
- 2Your readers click an affiliate link that takes them to a landing page detailing the advertiser's product such as Amazon.
- 3Your readers buy product
- 4You earn a percentage of the sale as a commission
I personally am a HUGE fan of being an affiliate marketer because it requires no shipping, no inventory (risk), and you can earn money from any one of the millions of products that Amazon has on it’s network.
You need to understand how to build a successful affiliate marketing business. There are many folks out there earning a full time living from Amazon alone through affiliate marketing.
No products, no shipping, no inventory…just sending people from their site over to Amazon.
Although I talk about Amazon a few times, there are many other affiliate programs out there selling different products and services.
Example: The Six Figure Mentors, an online training program, allows ordinary people like you and me to make up to $8,000 commissions per sale!
” Affiliate Marketing – Your Hope of Earning Recurring Income for Life. ”
Recurring commission model is a great way to earn recurring income. Recurring affiliate programs do not just pay on conversion, they also pay every month as long as the user continues to use their subscription.
If done right, affiliate marketing can allow you to have a steady stream of passive income.
Enter your text here...
How to Start Affiliate Marketing
1. Find Your Niche
The importance of choosing your niche (the subject or industry you want to focus on) cannot be underestimated.
It’s one of the most important decisions to make, yet can be the most challenging.
When starting your affiliate marketing initiatives, you want to choose a niche that’s small enough so you can easily target your audience.
It’s also crucial that your niche is large enough that you can still make money.
When deciding, consider these points:
It’s best to choose a niche that you are excited about as that enthusiasm will sustain you through the ups and downs of the affiliate marketing process.
Almost anything you can think of is a niche and that is why we are going to get you to choose YOUR niche based on things that you are interested in.
You can earn money online from absolutely every single niche because there are billions of people out there searching for information, for solutions, and spending billions of dollars or products/services every day.
If you have a hard time finding your niche, you can sell what people are already buying.
You see, what niche marketing is about is tapping into the mindset of people who have a problem they need help with.
People who have disposable income to spend on stuff. People who are ravings fans of something, and habitually spend money on it.
- Golfers habitually spend money on their hobby year after year
- People with acne are willing to pay for a cure
- Anyone with “too little money and too much month” needs more income
- Movie fans are always on the lookout for collectibles to spend money on
The best niches are ones where you’re solving a problem for somebody.
2. Set up a Website or A Blog
If you have no idea how to code, you are lucky. There are more than hundreds of website building platform, also called a “content management system” (CMS) out there.
They can be used to easily build and customize a website without having to use code.
A website building platform is software that does all the complex work of coding for you, so you don’t need to learn how to create a website from scratch with code.
While there are literally hundreds of website building platforms, far and away the most popular platform is WordPress.
You will be surprised some big brands are using WordPress.
Here’s why you should use WordPress for your website
- It’s free to use. WordPress is what’s known as “open-source software”, which means it is free to use and customize.
- It’s easy for beginners. You can get a simple website up and running in a few minutes by choosing from thousands of pre-made templates and using simple copy and paste editing features. No coding necessary.
- It’s customizable. Whether you are looking to create a business website, a portfolio website to showcase your work, a blog, an online store, or just about any other type of site, WordPress is easy to customize for your needs.
Build A Website
So Easy. So Quick.
We have yet to have someone tell us they cannot build a website. Within minutes, you are going to have your very own niche website online and visible to the world.
3. Find Affiliate Programs for the Other Products You Want to Review
I’ll share giant internet retail websites and eCommerce stores that run their own affiliate programs.
You can earn commissions as an affiliate of these stores by promoting any products of their listed products.
- Amazon Associates - The Amazon Affiliate Network is the most popular affiliate program among others, their products are well known and of high quality and they have been in existence for decades.
- eBay Partner Network - You can make really good commissions from the eBay partner. One of the great reasons to sign up is that you can earn DOUBLE commissions in your first three months.
- Target - This program exclusively works with physical products sold by Target stores. Great alternative to Amazon’s affiliate program.
- Walmart - The Walmart affiliate program also offers a variety of tools which would help you drive customers to their website
- Clickbank - It’s a fantastic place for new affiliate marketers to get started and earn money online without the hassle of more advanced affiliate networks.
- JVZOO - JVZoo is basically like Clickbank — except you have to get approved to promote products.
- Warrior Plus - Warriorplus is an online community for affiliate marketers. It brings developers/vendors of digital products together with others that wish to promote and sell the products for a commission.
- Rakuten Linkshare - If you’re an affiliate marketer who’s based outside the US, you’ll find this especially useful. Most importantly, you get payouts in one of 25 different available currencies.
- ShareASale - The Shareasale platform has about 4,000 merchants listed, of which over one thousand of them are exclusive to them
- and the list goes on....
There are 10,000’s of products in every niche imaginable. If you are new to the affiliate marketing world or just finding out that people are making money on the Internet through affiliate programs, this may come as a shock to you.
For those that have been in the industry for some time, this will always be exciting in particular when you realize that companies are willing to pay up to 75% commission per sale.
Amazon pays 6-10%, but there are many much higher paying affiliate programs. Here are just a few examples:
- Zappos.com: 8-18% per sale
- WeightWatchers: $10 per sale
- Verizon Wireless: 25% per sale
- Norton Antivirus: 15-30% per slae
- Skin Store: 8-10%
- Options House: $60 per sale
- Monster.com: 12-17% per sale
- Care.com: $50 per sale
4. Create Affiliate Content
Once your affiliate marketing platform is in place, it’s time to start crafting authentic content that compliments your niche.
It’s easier to get started as an affiliate because you’re skipping the ‘have an idea’ and ‘creating an idea’ parts of becoming a merchant.
You already use and like plenty of products, so all that you have to do get started is to publicly talk about them.
You will embed affiliate links within your posts, or you may choose to promote affiliate links through images. Most affiliate marketers use both text links and images.
Here’s a look at various types of content you can use to promote affiliate products and services:
- Product reviews: Single product reviews or round-up posts where you include multiple perspectives tend to be popular with readers and deliver high conversion rates.
- Recipes: If your niche involves cooking or eating, you can create posts that include affiliate links to cooking gadgets, cookbooks, ingredients, and more.
- DIY and how-to guides: You can create DIY how-to instructional content and include affiliate links to products needed to complete the project.
- Giveaways and discounts: Some affiliate partners provide giveaways, discounts, and other savings deals for you to promote in your content. Be sure to look for these when researching partners.
- Fashion and style posts: If your niche is beauty or fashion, talking about hot trends and linking to related products is a smart way to earn affiliate commissions.
- Virtual store pages: A virtual storefront lists products on your website just like a standard ecommerce store, but the “buy” button sends shoppers to the affiliate partner site to complete the purchase.
- Banner and sidebar ads: Virtually every affiliate program provides a wide variety of ads that you can insert into posts, sidebars, header, and footer sections of your WordPress website.
In my experience, a special kind of review, that usually does really well, is the comparison with a direct competitor.
You’ll soon find plenty of people who are already doing this. Just search for “best hair straightener,” and have a look:
This blog reviews flat irons for straightening hair (for women). How specific of a blog is that?
She can relate to the product, as she needs to straighten her own hair. And, if she does her research well, the blog not only ranks highly in the search engines but also actually helps women to find the best tool for the job.
How Much Money Can You Make as an Affiliate Marketer?
Affiliate income is not consistent. You’ll to look at income from an annual basis instead of monthly.
A decent affiliate can make anywhere from $10,000 a year to $400,000. A super affiliate can make upwards of $1,500,000 a year.
Educate Yourself on Being an Affiliate, Watch the Sales Roll In
This article is only just an introduction on how to make money with a website without selling anything through affiliate marketing.
Although it outlines the easy step-by-step guide on how you can begin generating a sustainable online income, to be a successful affiliate of Amazon or any program for that matter, you need to have a few things:
- A good affiliate marketing education
- Access to a community of other successful affiliates
- Websites/Hosting/Keyword Tools
- Ability to get help when you need it
- Support from industry experts
There are a myriad of programs out there trying to sell you on the idea of the “next big thing” in this industry, the next secret…blah, blah, blah.
That doesn’t exist. There is a proven strategy that worked back in 2015 when I started out in the affiliate marketing world and to this day, it continues to work.
Currently, I am offering my readers a 7-day FREE email course on starting a website from scratch to running an affiliate marketing business.
If you have any questions about affiliate marketing in general, you may drop me an email and I will be more than happy to help you out.
7-Day Free Email Course
It comes down to choosing an interest, creating a website, learning how to get ranked in search engines, and then making money through affiliate programs like Amazon. I will be there personally to help you every step of the way.